This past week I had to have surgery. I was hopeful that the surgeon would be able to care of the problem and I would be done with it. However, it was discovered that I will need to have more surgery in a few weeks. Unfortunately, this upcoming surgery is much more serious than I would care for it to be.
So, while I am waiting to recover from this surgery and start the preparation for the next one, I have come to realize that I am extremely thankful for many things in my life. So here are a few of my favorite things to be thankful for…
I am thankful that I have a whole new day stretched ahead of me with its new opportunities and blessings, with my family and my friends and my God. I am thankful that I am forgiven and clean and that God stretched his love out towards me and rescued me from sin and separation from Him and brought me into His family.
I am thankful for my church and a Pastor who pursues God and His ways. He always presents God’s message with love and encouragement.
I am thankful that I have a Bible – that I can read the promises of God and discover who He is and His great love for me.
I am thankful for music and worship that draws our heart towards God. I am also thankful when I get to see people come to know Christ – there is nothing like it in the world.
And finally, in no particular order, here are a few more of my favorite things to be thankful for…
- I am thankful for a morning cup of coffee.
- Dark Chocolate – MMMMmmm chocolate.
- Reeda and Eilford Case (hands down…the best in-laws EVER)
- Fall – the best season. (the best weather, colors and the smells of the year)
- Air Conditioning
- The Music of the Beatles.
- Cleveland Browns / Cleveland Indians (even though they frustrate me too death)
- Remote Controls
- Listening to Cassidy sing
- A comfortable Chair
- The Tom Hank’s movie “That Thing You Do” (never get tired of watching it)
- A glass of Cold Milk
- My MDR-NC7 Sony Headphones
- When my kids call just to say Hello.
- A good Pillow
- The ability to turn right on red
- Christmas Morning
- My 1976 Ford Pinto (if that car could talk)
- Eisley and Rooney (My granddogs)
- High Speed Internet Access
- Indoor Plumbing
- The State Highway Patrol Officer that showed me a little grace one day
- My Ipod (8,321 songs on it and still growing)
- Caller ID
- Motown Music (The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, etc.)
- The arrows that show you which way to insert the batteries
- Ronald Reagan
- A clean blank sheet of paper
- For parents who told me “NO” sometimes
- Re-runs of Tommy Boy on TBS
- The Whopper from Burger King
- The acting ability of Tom Hanks.
- A good Steak
- Bob Emrich
- Blogging and Writing
- The delete button on the keyboard and white out for paper.
- Childhood Memories
- Pastor Holman from my FBT days
- Ohio State Football
- The number 22
So there you have it… a short list of a few of my favorite things I am thankful for. The actual list is much longer, maybe I will share more later. What are you thankful for today?