I woke in the middle of the night with this verse running through my mind…
“Be still and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10.
At 3:00 AM, I jotted down some things I believe that God is saying to me:
- Be quiet, stop, rest, don’t move….just pause for a moment and know that I am God.
- I am God over your joys and over your sorrows.
- I am God when you are at peace and when you are afraid.
- I am God when your health is good and even when it isn’t.
- I am God when you have food and when you don’t.
- I am God when there is abundance and when there is nothing.
- I am God when you have a job and when you don’t.
- I am God when you have hope and even when you think all is lost.
- I am God over everything.
The one theme I see throughout the Bible is this very important truth-
The Lord is God, He is Lord of everything, both good and bad, both smiles and tears. He’s Lord and you can trust Him, He’s got it all under control.
So, be still, rest, relax, let down your defenses, exhale, stop worrying, stop trying, stop everything and rest in the Lord who simply wants you to know that HE is LORD.